Position Type: Full-time / Permanent
Location: London, Ontario
Date Posted: June 16, 2020
Experience: 7 years’ experience
Education: University degree
Starlim North America is a global leader in the manufacturing of silicone parts specializing in custom Liquid Silicone Rubber moulding for health care and automotive industries.
Located in London since 2004, our Austrian mother company has been expanding world-wide since 1974. Our proprietary, fully automated, world-class technologies and high quality products, combined with creative, continuous improvement and lean manufacturing technologies allow us to deliver high quality products.
- Maintenance and further development of the existing integrated management system in consideration of the principles of the company (company policy)
- Ensuring that new regulations and customer system requirements are implemented and monitored throughout the company.
- Representative for customers with the responsibility and authority to ensure that customer requirements are taken into account,
- Responsible for the implementation of quality control systems
- Certification to quality standards
- Working with all production related teams in order to maintain Starlim’s high level of quality
- Training of employees to compliance of quality and customer specifications
We require a Quality Manager who will be responsible for:
- Maintenance and further development of the existing integrated management system (ISO 9001, IATF 16949, ISO 14001, OHSAS 18001, ISO 13485, ISO 50001)
- Direct the certification to ISO 9001, IATF 16949, ISO 14001, and ISO 13485
- Developing, implementing, and maintaining the ISO certified Quality Management System
- Strategic alignment of the management system including new regulations and customer-specific system requirements like IQ, OQ, PQ, Cleanliness, etc.
- Conducting internal and supervising external process and system audits including tracking of measures and monitoring of implementation
- Identification of improvement possibilities on organizational, quality and systematic issues
- Analysis of SPC results and drive improvement towards 6 Sigma
- Determination of corrective and preventive measures, or initiation and assistance
- Review of specifications, quality assurance agreements and customer-specific system requirements and implementation of the requirement
- Selection of special characteristic and definition of quality targets
- Timely customer response to include 8D’s, PPAP’s, CCR’s, requests for compliance statements, etc.
- Supporting or conducting training to all Starlim team members and ensure adherence to Starlim Management System
- Direct the implementation of test procedures in accordance with standards and customer requirements
- Responsible and accountable to ensure department is operating efficiently and is showing positive Quality results
- Work closely with Process Teams regarding test results, continuous improvements and quality system requirements
- Manage the Quality department, formal performance feedback to all employees annually; regular feedback as required
- Responsible for departmental staffing, budgeting and planning
- Visits to suppliers and customers as required
- Implementation and key user for Quality software
Do you have?
- University degree in a related field
- Certified auditor for QMS
- Minimum 7 years' experience in a management position such as Quality Manager, Quality Assurance Manager, or manager in a manufacturing environment improving quality systems and training employees
- Demonstrated knowledge of quality systems and ability to sustain a strong Quality Management system
- Experience with automotive/medical device quality requirements and the required documentation (PPAP, 8D, CCR, FMEA, APQP, Control Plans, IQ, PQ, OQ)
- Utilization of SPC and advance statistical methods
- Experience working with customers resolving quality issues
- Oriented to a manufacturing organization
Successful candidate will also:
- Work effectively with customer and suppliers
- Have extensive working knowledge of the Quality Core Tools that include APQP, FMEA, MSA, PPAP, and SPC
- Have knowledge and proven experience in 6 Sigma
- Be a hands on data driven problem solver, possessing good decision making abilities based on data and/or experience
- Demonstrates ability to work as a team player and motivate others effectively within a team environment to get the required results. Act as a coach and mentor to Quality Department
- Possess strong leadership, communication, and negotiation skills
- Have thorough knowledge of ISO 9001, IATF 16949, ISO 13485 Quality Management Systems
- Demonstrate solid communication and presentation skills
- Encourage professional development to enhance team performance. Cross train employees to maximize flexibility and coverage to accommodate vacations and absences
- Be required to have excellent computer skills in MS Office suite and customer quality software packages
- Have knowledge of Lean Manufacturing/Continuous Improvement principles
If you have the required qualifications and would like to work in a growing, high tech, continuous improvement environment, please apply with your resume and cover letter using the link provided.
Starlim is an equal employment opportunity employer and offer a competitive salary and benefit package.
Candidates must be legally employable in Canada to be considered for employment.
For assistance with accommodation issues regarding the submission of your resume, please contact Starlim North America Human Resources.
No recruiters please